- Welcome from the Mayor and City Council We would like to personally extend a heartfelt welcome to you from the City of Hamlet. We trust that you will enjoy your web visit and highly encourage you to come and see our community in person. Hamlet is truly a small town with a big heart. Small town charm, simple pleasures, serene living and community pride are just a few of the many attributes of the City of Hamlet. Whether it's at Rockingham Dragway: the "Hardest Working Dragstrip in the Southeast," or celebrating Hamlet's railroad history at the Historic Hamlet Depot & Museum, the National Railroad Museum, or the Annual Seaboard Festival and the historic downtown area, Hamlet has something for everyone. This is a wonderful community to live, work, and play. Come and enjoy our All-American City.
- Hamlet Depot Located in the only Victorian Queen Anne train station in North Carolina, the Hamlet Depot serves as an active passenger depot as well as home to the Hamlet Depot & Museums. The hands on exhibits, visual displays, and interactive consoles encourage both young and old alike to explore the history of the Seaboard Railroad and Hamlet. From our Oral Histories to our Model Railroad to the Tornado Locomotive Replica, the Hamlet Depot & Museums offer something fun for everyone!
- All America City If you are looking for a place to locate your home or business, we think you will be impressed with our community. We proved that Hamlet is a special place by winning the “All American City” award for 1990 Welcome to our community!
- Tornado Building The Tornado Building is part of the Hamlet Depot & Musem. It houses a replica of a Tornado Locomotive.
- Hamlet Public Library Hamlet is a community of readers. This is evident by the support the library receives from the citizens and local government. Hamlet is proud of the fact that twenty-five years after its charter was granted, the first library was established. From its humble beginning of a few books, its growth has required several expansions.
- Hub Of the Seaboard Founded in 1897 at the crossing of two tracks, Hamlet functioned as division headquarters for the Seaboard Airline Railroad. Upwards of 30 passenger trains daily passed through Hamlet. Downtown boomed with travelers and workers of the railroad. Hotels, shops, and restaurants served this thriving community.
- South Hamlet Spring time flowers by the sign in South Hamlet.
- Birthplace of John Coltrane Proud birth place of jazz great John Coltrane. Local businessmen have worked to renovate the location of his birth.
- July 4th Celebration The City of Hamlet hosts the Annual Fireworks Display Show for the citizens of Hamlet as well as others. The fireworks are shot from the Hamlet Fairgrounds and may be viewed at a number of locations.
August 14, 2018
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
August 15, 2018
Located at Hamlet Senior Center on August 15, 2018, officers from Hamlet Police Department and community members will come together to discuss community issues, build relationships, and drink coffee. ... READ MORE→
September 11, 2018
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
October 9, 2018
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
November 13, 2018
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
December 11, 2018
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
News & Notices
June 13, 2018
The Citizens Police Academy is a great opportunity for the community to meet the Police Officers, Dispatchers, and support staff who serve and protect the City of Hamlet... READ MORE→
June 2, 2018
Registration for the 2018 Soccer season begins on June 4, 2018. Players must be four years old by April 30, 2018 and cannot turn fourteen before April 30, 2018... READ MORE→
May 15, 2018
The City of Hamlet is currently accepting applications for a police officer. Graduation from a recognized high school or equivalent... READ MORE→
April 10, 2018
Forms and infomation are now available for the 2018 Seaboard Festival and 5K race. ... READ MORE→
April 2, 2018
The City of Hamlet is currently accepting applications for a full time Firefighter/Paramedic. Graduation from a recognized high school or equivalent... READ MORE→